Download the brochure
The UT College of Veterinary Medicine with the support of Karl Storz Veterinary Endoscopy is offering an innovative minimally-invasive scoping course specifically designed to meet the needs of small animal residents and specialists desiring in-depth scope training.
THIS UNIQUE COURSE INCLUDES:
- A comprehensive syllabus and instructional videos on scope care
- 20+ hours of online didactic training and online assessments
- 5 days of hands-on laboratories
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
- Flexible and rigid scope anatomy, handling and cleaning
- Laser physics, handling and safety
- Cystoscopy and lithotripsy
- Upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Associated advanced procedures
Each topic will be presented online in a series of ~30 minute modules that may be replayed individually for integration into the typical clinician’s busy lifestyle. Information covered will include equipment required, case selection and anesthetic considerations, procedural techniques, tips and tricks, and complications. After each topic is completed, a quiz will be given to assess the participant’s learning. During the 5 days of on-site laboratories, a mix of dry, cadaver and live animal laboratories will be used for optimal learning and mastery of the material.
The online training portion is completed by the participant at his/her own pace but MUST be completed by March 12, 2017. Hands on laboratories: March 13-17, 2017.
Deadline: October 30, 2016
- Resident - $2,750
- Before September 15, 2016 — $3,250
- On or after September 15, 2016 — $3,725
- Technicians (with attending clinician) - $500
This course includes:
- This course includes
- Comprehensive syllabus
- Online videos & assessments
- On-site laboratories including breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Over 60 CE credit hours
Please download the brochure to learn more about the course or complete registration.
If the minimum number of registrants is not met, the course will be cancelled and all registration fees will be refunded.