The rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery
is designed to give the trainee a well-balanced exposure to the various
specialty services in the small animal hospital. Approximately 6 months are
spent in the general medicine and emergency service. Additional time is spent
in surgery, neurology, dermatology, ophthalmology, radiology, and
anesthesiology. An elective block is available at the intern's discretion.
Interns work under the close supervision of board certified specialists.
Didactic training is provided by daily seminars, conferences, and case rounds.
These include organ system seminars, morbidity/mortality rounds, and journal
The internship program is offered yearly through:
- The AAVC Internship Matching Program
- 37 West Broad Street, Suite 480
- Columbus, OH, 43215
- Phone: (614) 358-0417
- FAX (614) 241-2215
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Residency Committee
- Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Knoxville, TN 37996-4544
- or contact Victory Coy at email@example.com