The purpose of the Diversity Committee is to create, cultivate,
and facilitate an environment of inclusivity for all faculty, staff, and students at the University of Tennessee. We are a
diverse College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) where people's ideas, culture, ethnicity, gender, and beliefs are accepted,
appreciated, and respected. We encourage intellectual stimulation and growth in all individuals, which allows the college to
better serve its local, regional, national, and global community.
The primary goals and responsibilities of the Diversity Committee are:
- To work closely with the CVM administration to create and sustain a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive college climate.
- To attract and retain greater number of individuals from under-represented populations into faculty, staff, and leadership positions,
including directors, department heads, deans, vice chancellors, and chancellors.
- To attract, enroll, retain, and graduate students from historically under-represented populations and international
- To develop and strengthen partnerships with diverse communities in Tennessee and the surrounding region.
- To ensure that curricular requirements include significant intercultural perspectives.
- To prepare professional and graduate students to become teachers, researchers, and leaders in a diverse world.