TENNESSEE is home to one of only 30 veterinary colleges in the country.
Every spring the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine students organize an Open House for the community. This year's event will take place on Saturday, April 8, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We have worked to answer many of the Frequently Asked Questions, so please make sure to read this page completely.
This year's theme is "IF THE SHOE FITS." The students are busy planning and look forward to sharing with our visitors the variety of shoes veterinarians fill and the roles they play in many industries. We encourage you to bookmark our site. Please check back for updated information about the 2017 Open House event!
Special activities include:
- Teddy Bear Clinic (Bring your stuffed animal and your My Stuffed Animal Hurts HERE form.
- Canine Parade of Breeds (Dogs in all shapes and sizes)
- Equine Parade of Breeds (Did you say you like horses?)
- Farm Animal Breeds
- Information about Wildlife and Exotic Animals
- Learn about Physical Rehabilitation for Animals (Large & Small)
- "So you want to be a VET?" presentation
- Community Organizations and much more
Our priority at the UTCVM Veterinary Medical Center is caring for sick animals that are entrusted to us and providing them the best care possible during their stay. We request that visitors keep their pets at home to protect both our patients and your pets. Thank you!
We look forward to your visit to our educational and fun-filled family activity day!
- The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine
- The College of Veterinary Medicine was established by an act of the Tennessee Legislature in 1974. The College is part of the University of Tennessee statewide system and is located on the Agricultural Campus of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.