While standard referral appointments will be made by calling our appointment desk at 865-974-VETS(8387), referring veterinarians sometimes need additional service, information and care regarding their referred patients.
Jeannie Bormet is our Referral Coordinator at the University of Tennessee Veterinary Medical Center (UTVMC). Jeannie is a licensed veterinary medical technician. Before moving into the referral coordinator position, she was the “floating” technician for eight years. This allowed her to work in all the small animal services at UTVMC. She also has many years of experience as a veterinary technician in mixed animal and small animal private practices. Her role is to support referring veterinarians in any way possible to facilitate referrals to our John and Ann Tickle Small Animal Hospital. She will:
Jeannie can be reached directly by calling (865)-974-3939. This phone line is dedicated for the service of referring veterinarians only. Referral Coordinator hours are M-F 8:00 am–5:00 pm. Referring clinics may also communicate with the referral coordinator by email email@example.com. Please visit our Client Guide page to access our Referral Forms.
- assist referring veterinarians with any aspect of the referral process
- provide estimates
- facilitate communication about your case to the clinician
- answer questions about client arrival / patient status
- assist with patient follow-up care and advice
- help communicate urgent medical advice from consulting clinicians who may not be immediately available by phone (e.g. in surgery, class or off clinics)
- assist with the coordination of the transfer of a patient seen on our after-hours emergency service back to the referring/primary veterinarian for continued care
- assist consulting clinicians in notifying primary/referring veterinarians of patient's death