All students who wish to pursue a graduate degree (MS or PhD) in the CEM program must be admitted through the UT Office of Graduate Admissions.
Be sure to select Comparative and Experimental Medicine (Intercollegiate Programs) in the “Program Selection” section of the online application.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2.7/4.0 grade point average from accredited college/university (3.0/4.0 for foreign college/university)
- Selection of a major professor (CEM Faculty List)
- GRE combined score of at least 300 (if no professional degree from an accredited institution)
- Official transcripts from all former schools
- Three letters of recommendation. Referees should fill out the online recommendation form produced when that portion of your online application is completed.
- TOEFL (min. 550 for paper, 213 for computer, or 80 for Internet exam) or IELTS (min. 6.5) – for international students whose first language is not English
- Application fee: $60, non-refundable
- Course work in chemistry, including organic; mathematics, including calculus; advanced study in biology, such as biochemistry, mammalian anatomy, histology, cell biology, or other appropriate biomedical courses
- For PhD: master’s or professional degree from accredited college/university
Daily Life at UT
CEM students have access to all University of Tennessee services, events, and activities.