Please read and follow all application instructions carefully and then click the registration link at the bottom of the page (when registration is open). Print or type all responses. Illegible or incomplete applications will not be processed or reviewed. To preview the application and prepare answers for the essay questions, please see the sample application .
- Please verify that you meet all eligibility requirements. No exceptions will be made to the eligibility requirements listed below. Students not meeting all of the stated requirements should not apply. Applicants must:
- Be a legal resident of the State of Tennessee and be enrolled in a Tennessee high school or home schooled.
- Be a current high school junior or senior at the time of application submission.
- Be at least sixteen years of age by June 1, 2023.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Be available for full participation (40 hours/week) between June 12 – July 14, 2023.
- Have not previously participated in the Veterinary Summer Experience Program.
- The application must be submitted electronically and completed at one sitting. You will not be able to save and return to the application later once you get started. Paper copies of the application will not be evaluated. Answer each question completely and truthfully. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a Submission Verification Form via email. The Submission Verification Form must be completed and mailed along with your letters of recommendation and transcript to the address provided.
- Obtain three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your character, aptitude, and abilities (i.e. school guidance counselors, teachers, and veterinarians. Letters should be from someone other than relatives. Letters of recommendation should be returned to you in a sealed envelope and must be mailed along with your Submission Verification Form and transcript. Recommendation letters received separately will not be evaluated and will result in an incomplete application.
- Submit an official high school transcript (complete with the signature of a school official). Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted and will result in an incomplete application. The transcript must be mailed along with your Submission Verification Form and letters of recommendation.
- MAIL Submission Verification Form, Letters of Recommendation, and Transcript to:
- Veterinary Summer Experience Program
- The University of Tennessee
- Veterinary Medical Center
- 2407 River Drive, Room C247
- Knoxville, TN 37996
Applications must be electronically submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 28, 2023. Supplemental materials must be postmarked by March 3, 2023.
Registration is closed.