Side Menu

Contract = Agreement = Memorandum of understanding = Commitment = Arrangement

All of these types of documents are considered legal contracts by the University of Tennessee and must be reviewed and signed by university officials.  

Research Contracts/Accounts Receivable

  • Processed through the UTIA Office of Sponsored Programs
  • Includes all contracts related to externally-funded grants or paid off these grant accounts, including material transfer agreements and grants for teaching and public service.

Non-Research Contracts/Accounts Payable

  • Processed through the UT Contracts Administration division of the Treasurer’s Office. 
  • Includes hotel contracts, equipment service agreements, etc.

Who is authorized to sign contracts within the UTCVM?

  • Dr. James P. Thompson, Dean
  • Ms. Tonya Kenley, Budget Director

Polices & Procedures


Information for animal use and care, human subjects/IRB, radiological materials, biological materials, chemical hazards and other health and safety issues, and export control.


The Office of Technology Transfer in the UT Research Foundation moves inventions from the lab to the market, turns ideas into products, creates new industry partnerships, and starts new companies that grow new jobs.