The college’s curriculum belongs to the faculty, with oversight by the college’s Curriculum Committee and the Office of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- UTCVM Curriculum (detail)
- Curriculum (printable)
- Pre-Clinical Elective Offerings 2020/2021
- UTCVM Syllabus Template 2020
- Academic Calendar 2020–2021
Assessment methods, along with data collection and analysis, are coordinated by the college’s the Curriculum and Assessment Coordinator, with oversight from the Assessment Committee and the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
Important Deadlines for Course & Rotation Coordinators
- Key Date Calendar: Includes attendance tracking and grade entry deadlines
- Also, see Course Coordinator Guide and Rotation Coordinator Guide above.
Evaluation of Pre-Clinical Courses & Instructors
All UTCVM courses, and instructors who give at least 4 lectures/labs in a course, are evaluated by students at the end of each semester.
- Verbs to Assist in Writing Objectives
- Learning Outcome Generator (use as starting point & with caution)
- UT Office of Student Disability Services
- Scheduling an Exam at the SDS Testing Center
- Guide to Assisting Students with Disabilities (Meeks & Jain, 2016, ebook–requires UT login)
When students use the SDS Testing Center, the student should schedule the exam at least 7 days in advance (2 weeks before study day for finals). The instructor will receive an e-mail notification before the exam in order to provide the testing center with information about the exam and a copy of the exam. Log in to the SDS Faculty Portal. From there, find the student(s) who are scheduled to take the exam for your class, select the student/exam, and provide the needed materials. If the exam is through ExamSoft, notate that the exam is “online” and provide the exam password (it also a good idea to include a hard copy).
Peer Review of Teaching
- University of Tennessee Peer Review of Teaching Guide
- University of Tennessee Teaching & Learning Innovation Evaluation Toolbox
- University of Minnesota templates
- Academic Standards
- Credit Hour Definition
- Elective Classification List
- Exam Policy
- Grading Scale
- Professionalism Guidelines for Live Zoom Classes
- Technical Standards
- UTCVM Elective Policy
- UTCVM Assessment Rubric
- Pathology Assessment Rubric
- Anesthesia Rubric
- Diagnostic Skills Rubric
- Field Services Rubric
- Equine Performance & Rehab
- Diagnostic Imaging Rubric