- Tennessee Teaching & Learning Center: Workshops, teaching resources, and services
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE): Professional development, evidence-based methods
- International Association for Medical Education (AMEE): Professional development, evidence-based methods, resources
- Veterinary Educator Collaborative (VEC): Meetings, discussion board
- Journal of Medical Education and Curricular Development: Peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to medical education practices and development including basic science, clinical, and postgraduate medical education.
Jazz Up Your Lectures–Teaching Tools
Most of these are free or have free and professional (pay) versions.
- Mentimeter: Cloud-based tool that lets you engage and interact with your audience in real-time. You set the questions and your audience can give their input via a mobile phone or any other Internet connected device.
- MindMeister: Collaborative mind mapping software.
- AnswerGarden: Real-time audience participation & brainstorming.
- YawnBuster: Incorporate group activities into PowerPoint.
- Kahoot: Game-based classroom response system.
- PowToon: Create animated video explanations.
- Socrative: Online student response system that works with laptops, tablets, and smart phones.
- TedEd: Create your own materials around TED talks.
- Scoop.it!: Students create content and share as a visual “magazine.”
- Poll Everywhere: Audience participation through text message responses.
- Piktochart: Easily create infographics.
Upcoming Medical Education Meetings
- International Veterinary Simulation in Teaching Conference (InVeST), May 1–3, 2020, Grenada, West Indies, St. George’s University
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE) meeting, Jun 13–16, 2020, Denver, CO
- Veterinary Educator Collaborative (VEC) Symposium, Jun 21–23, 2020, Kansas State University
- Veterinary Educator Bootcamp, Jul 20/21, North Carolina State University
- Association for Medical Education in Europe Annual Meeting (AMEE), Sept 4–9, Glasgow, Scotland
- Primary Care Veterinary Educators (PCVE), Oct 1–4, 2020, Oklahoma State University
- Small Learning & MCQ Alternatives (M. Bailey)
- Cool Stuff 2.0–Report-Outs from VEC (M.J. Sula, Z. Ng)
- Evidence Based Lecturing (I. Lane)
- Active Learning (A. Franks)
- Guide to Assisting Student with Disabilities (e book requires UT login)
- Example: Technical Standards
- Evidence-Based Clinical Teaching(I. Lane)