We are excited to announce that clients will have limited access to the hospital starting Monday, July 12, 2021. This is an initial step towards some sense of normalcy, but there are still several COVID requirements that must remain in place to protect our staff, students, and clients.
This information will help you prepare for your visit with us.
- Clients are required to wear a mask at all times while in the hospital, regardless of vaccination status. If you do not have a mask, a mask will be provided upon entering the building.
- Please do not arrive at the hospital more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time or 15 minutes before your animal’s scheduled discharge.
- Please call the front desk at 865-974-8387 to notify them of your arrival.
- A maximum of 2 people will be allowed into the hospital with each patient.
- Once you have called 865-974-8387, please check in at the front desk and sign the appropriate paperwork.
- For small animal appointments:
- You will be directed to an exam room where students, clinicians, and staff will evaluate your animal.
- After your animal has been seen and a history has been taken, please make the required deposit at the front desk; you will receive an estimated discharge time.
- Please return to your vehicle. To ensure there are enough parking spaces for other patients as they arrive, we ask that you return to the hospital no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your pet’s discharge time.
- For large animal appointments:
- You will be directed back outside to unload your animal and speak with someone from the medical team.
- You will receive an estimated discharge time and will be able to enter the reception area at that time to check out with the front desk.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this time