The Emergency/Critical Care Service at the University of Tennessee Veterinary Medical Center supports referring veterinarians and the general public for emergent and critical cases 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We work collaboratively with local veterinarians from across the region to make sure your clients get the best possible care.
During business hours, our Emergency Service is by referral only. Our After-Hours Emergency Service is available to your clients and the general public. Our Emergency/Critical Care Service is staffed by board-certified criticalists, emergency doctors, emergency critical care residents, rotating interns, licensed veterinary technicians, and veterinary assistants, who are supported by board-certified specialists in 16 specialty areas. We also provide immediate support to veterinarians through our telephone consultation service by board-certified specialists.
Patients requiring specialized care may be admitted to our state-of-the-art Aslan Intensive Care Unit. Patients admitted to ICU through our Emergency/Critical Care Service may be transferred to other appropriate services, or remain a primary ECC patient.
Advanced Diagnostic and Therapeutic Modalities Available:
- Oxygen Cages
- Telemetric ECG
- Pulse Oximetry
- F.A.S.T. Scan- (Focal Assessment with Sonography for Trauma)
- Direct & Indirect Blood Pressure Measurement
- Vapotherm High Flow Oxygen Delivery Mechanical Ventilation and Advanced Life Support
- Blood Component Therapy
- Advanced Pain Management (CRI, Epidural, Local)
- Lipid Emulsion for Toxins
- Wound Care
- Nutritional Support (Enteral and Parenteral)
- Multi-lumen Central Venous Catheters
- Chest Tube Placement & Continuous Thoracic Suction
- Tracheostomy Care
- CPR & Defibrillation
- Point of Care Testing: Hematocrit, Blood Glucose, Lactate, Electrolytes, Chemistry, Acid-base, & Ammonia
- Phone: 865-974-8387
- Fax: 865-974-0174