* Please contact lab prior to submitting samples
Test availability may vary with existing workload, staffing, etc. Additional tests are available by prior arrangement. Fees are subject to change without notice.
Recommendations for specimen collection and transport are available on request. Specimens must be packaged and shipped in accordance with regulatory standards governing biohazardous materials. Specimens must also be properly identified, and be accompanied by sufficient history for proper processing in the lab.
Download: General Specimen Collection and Submission Guidelines (PDF)
The lab participates in the teaching and research missions of the college in various ways. Veterinarians may receive CE credits for individualized laboratory workshops through the college’s Visiting Practitioner Program.
- Fax: (865) 946-1788*
- Phone: (865) 974-5639*
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- * local specimens left in referral drop-off refrigerator Friday evening are normally set up Saturday morning.
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EST)
- Monday – Friday
- * The lab operates with limited staffing on Saturdays, and on university administrative closing days.
- University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine
- Clinical Bacteriology and Mycology Laboratory
- 2407 River Drive, Rm C-121
- Knoxville, TN 37996-4543