- All necropsy charges for cattle, sheep and goats that are located in Tennessee are covered by the State of Tennessee contract. Fetuses and placentas also fall under this contract.
- State Contract Submission Form should be completed and signed by the referring veterinarian.
- The state contract does not cover biopsies.
Important Notice Regarding New Disposal Fee
For Cattle, Sheep, and Goats
Effective November 1, 2018, owners will be required to pay a disposal charge at the time of presentation of their animal for state contracted necropsy. Disposal charges are based on the age of the animal at the time of necropsy registration at the Large Animal Receiving Desk (see fee list below). Necropsy examination (gross/microscopic) and routine ancillary tests deemed necessary by the duty pathologist will continue to be free under the state contract. Fetuses and placentas also fall under the state contract but will incur a disposal charge.
NOTE TO REFERRING VETERINARIANS: For you to maintain your client interaction in the State supported program you, as the referring veterinarian, will need to provide a State Contract Submission Form (link listed above). In addition, the individual submitting the deceased animal (owner, agent, veterinarian, etc.) will be required to pay for the estimated disposal charges at the time of presentation. These charges are based on the age of the animal supplied at the time of presentation (see below).
|Over 1 Year – cow/steer||$200.00|
|Over 1 Year – bull||$300.00|
|Up to12 months||$15.00|
|Over 1 Year||$34.00|
|< 1 Month||$10.00|
|Over 1 Year||$40.00|
- Tel: (865) 974-5673
- Fax: (865) 974-5640
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EST)
- Monday – Friday
- UTCVM Anatomic Pathology Laboratory
- Biomedical and Diagnostic Sciences
- 2407 River Drive, Room A205
- Knoxville, TN 37996-4543