To discuss urgent cases or emergency referrals:
- During regular business hours (Monday–Friday 8:00AM and 5:00PM). Call (865) 974-8387 and inform the operator of your emergent situation. You will be directed to the appropriate personnel. Please do not fax or email the referral form or send the patient without calling first.
- After regular business hours
- Call (865) 974-8387 and ask for the receiving emergency clinician.
- After 12am, an answering service will transfer you to the house officer on duty.
Option 1: Fax or email the completed Equine Referral Form or Farm Animal Referral Form
- Large Animal – Fax (865) 976-1786 or email@example.com
Please allow 48 business hours for the client to be contacted for an appointment.
Option 2: Contact Large Animal Client Services to schedule an appointment on behalf of your client
- Call (865) 974-8387 Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (scheduling desk is unavailable outside of regular business hours)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Cardiology, Dermatology, or Ophthalmology referrals must go through the Large Animal Client Services for an appointment.
Fax or email a copy of the pertinent medical history, diagnostic testing results, and imaging at least 48 business hours before your client’s appointment. Incomplete referral forms will delay the referral process