After you submit the referral form, we recommend you ask your clients to reach out to our schedulers if they have not heard from us in 2-3 business days. It is sometimes difficult to reach clients if they do not have voicemail or do not answer their phones.
To discuss urgent cases or emergency referrals:
- During regular business hours (Monday–Friday 8:00AM and 5:00PM)
Emergency cases are by referral only. Call (865) 974-8387 and inform the operator of your emergent situation. You will be directed to the appropriate personnel. Please do not fax or email the referral form or send the patient without calling first.
- After regular business hours
Call (865) 974-8387 and ask for the receiving emergency clinician
Option 1: Email the completed referral form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow 48 business hours for the client to be contacted for an appointment.
Option 2: Contact Client Services to schedule an appointment on behalf of your client. (note: some small animal services require reviewing the completed referral form and pertinent medical history prior to scheduling an appointment).
- Call (865) 974-8387 Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (scheduling desk is unavailable outside of regular business hours)
- Email email@example.com
Option 3: Contact our Referral Coordinator if you need assistance determining what service the case should be referred to or if would like to discuss medical aspects before arranging an appointment.
- Call (865) 974-3939 Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (coordinators are unavailable on weekends and major holidays) OR
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email a copy of the pertinent medical history, diagnostic testing results, and imaging at least 48 business hours before your client’s appointment. Incomplete referral forms will not be accepted and will delay the referral process.