Improving the quality of life for cats, dogs, and their owners through treatment, education, and clinical research aimed at understanding the pathophysiology, prevention, and treatment of obesity.
The UTCVM Veterinary Obesity Center wants to improve the lives of pets by helping them feel better and live longer. Being overweight reduces lifespan and predisposes pets to other diseases such as joint pain/arthritis, diabetes and certain types of cancer. The goals of the center are threefold:
- Serve the community by helping overweight pets achieve a healthy weight and educating pet owners about obesity treatment and prevention.
- Educate veterinary professionals about best practices in obesity prevention and management.
- Advance the field of veterinary obesity through research focused on helping pets maintain a healthy body weight.
The UTCVM Veterinary Obesity Center is able to provide weight loss plans for client-owned pets at little to no cost to pet owners thanks to a generous grant by Royal Canin.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 865-974-8387 – Ask for Tammy Moyers