February 14, 2022 Price Increase Notification
New FedEx discount rates went into effect Friday, February 14, 2022. For clinics within the domestic US, the new priority overnight shipment rate is $22 except for clinics within 120 mile radius of UTCVM, the rate is $14.
FedEx Discounted Rate Program
Take advantage of UTCVM’s deep discounted rate with FedEx today! For shipments within the domestic US, FedEx will deliver your samples to our laboratory by the next business morning for $22.00. For Knoxville and surrounding counties, the priority overnight shipping rate is $14.00. International shipping rates vary by country.
To obtain FedEx Shipping labels:
General Shipping Instructions:
- Refer to our package and shipping guidelines before sending samples.
- Complete and print off the submission form to include with your specimen. All Lab Request Form
- Due to the potential health risk to UTCVM personnel, primate samples are only accepted with prior approval and instruction. Without prior approval or proper packaging, samples will be destroyed. Call the specific lab prior to submitting. The only labs currently accepting primate samples are Anatomic Pathology (Biopsy & Necropsy), Clinical Pathology, and Parasitology.
- A package with UTCVM’s FedEx priority overnight label must be 3 pounds or less. If the package is over 3 pounds, you will need to separate the items into multiple packages, each with their own label.
- With overnight deliveries, only one or two small refrigerant packs are needed.
- Dry ice cannot be used with UTCVM FedEx labels. Samples that must remain frozen during transit, i.e. Equine Endogenous ACTH, must be shipped using another courier, or with your own FedEx account.
- To reduce cost, combine several specimens from multiple patients and send to various labs in one package.
- Each label is billed at the time of purchase. No credits will be given for unused labels. Shipping charges will be on your next monthly UTCVM invoice.
- FedEx labels are for Monday through Thursday shipments only. Do not send samples on a Friday. UTCVM Diagnostic Laboratory Service will not be available to receive samples on Saturdays.
- Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 for a pick-up or take your package to the nearest FedEx drop-off location.
Additional Instructions for International Shipments
The UTCVM Diagnostic Laboratory Service will accept companion animal specimens provided the material has not been inoculated with or exposed to any livestock* or poultry** foreign animal disease agent. A permit for these specimens is not required at the U.S. port of arrival. Primate specimens and necropsies are NOT accepted from outside the United States.
1. Two copies of the written statement must be submitted on producer/shipper letterhead, with one copy placed in the plastic pouch on the outside of the package and one copy between the secondary and tertiary packaging layer. For information required in the statement refer to Guideline 1102: Feline and Canine Material.
2. Three copies of the commercial invoice must be placed in the shipping pouch on the outside of the package to be reviewed at the U.S. port of arrival. A commercial invoice will be provided with your UTCVM FedEx shipping labels.
3. For all Endocrinology specimens, complete and place the USDA Biological Specimen Shipment Form in the plastic pouch on the outside of the package and another copy between the secondary and tertiary packaging layers.
* Livestock is defined by USDA as both beef and dairy cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, mules, asses, buffalo, and camels.
** Poultry is defined by USDA as domestic fowls, including chickens, turkeys, geese and ducks, raised for the production of meat or eggs.