The UTVMC Farm Animal Hospital provides specialized services in medicine, surgery and reproduction to all farm animals including dairy and beef cattle, sheep, goats, camelids, pigs as well as some large exotic species such as camels.
The service is run by a group of dedicated board certified specialists, residents, interns and technical staff. Appointments or consultations with a clinician can be made at any time during regular office hours.
Our areas of expertise:
- Pet pig Lameness, Medicine and Surgery
- Neonatal intensive care
- Fracture repair and advanced orthopedic surgeries
- Small ruminant Medicine
- Minimally invasive surgeries (Laparoscopy – Theloscopy)
We have excellent facilities to handle all farm animals safely and securely and have state of the art equipment and diagnostic tools.
We strive to provide excellent patient care and rational treatment.
Our diagnostic equipment available:
- Advanced medical imaging (Computed tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Hydroflotation tank for debilitated patients and down cattle
- Intensive Care Unit
A team of experienced veterinarians specialized in internal medicine, surgery, reproduction, anesthesiology, and radiology provide the most comprehensive and advanced care available for farm animals.